ADOPT A FARMER!
REALLY LOCAL HARVEST CO-OP MEMBERS OFFERING CSA BASKETS:
What is CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a model that allows people to partner with a local farm by pre-ordering a basket of vegetables to be delivered weekly throughout the harvest season.
Essentially, we become a “partner” by purchasing a part of the harvest in advance.
How does it work?
Members buy a share of the produce at the beginning of the year and receive a box of food every week throughout the harvest the season (15 to 20 weeks). Boxes can be picked up at a designated pickup point or at the farmer’s market.
Members can share the natural risks and rewards of farming and gain a better understanding of the real cost of their food, while knowing that they are investing in their local economy, culture, and food security. CSA also lets the growers focus on healthy, bountiful crops during the season as opposed to concentrating on mass production which reduces the quality of food.
Benefits for consumers
- Food security
- A steady supply of fresh, locally grown and high quality food
- Knowing the people who are growing your food
- Knowing how it was produced
- A fixed price for products for the whole growing season.
- Community connection: building relationships between customers, farmers, neighbours, and communities.
- Discovering different products and recipes.
Sign up to our FREE newsletter to receive occasional news, notices and special offers from Really Local Harvest.